Thank you for considering a volunteer position with Adoptees Connect Inc. We’re excited and honored you are inquiring about helping us out as we grow our vision in planting more Connect groups for adult adoptees.
*Beginning January 1, 2020 we’re making some changes for the long term benefit of our groups. Moving forward two adoptees will be required to facilitate each group so please have a second person ready to commit to this volunteer position before applying. Single adoptee applications will be denied.
Currently we have volunteer opportunities available in the following areas:
- Fundraising Coordinator
- Grant Writing Specialist
- Social Media Marketer
- Volunteer Group Assistant
- Administrative Assistant
- Facilitator Support Specialist
Please read thoroughly before completing the Volunteer Application. Thank you.
Before a volunteer is assigned to a task in assisting with our mission, he or she will be screened for the following reasons:
- To ensure, so far as is reasonably possible, that those involved with Adoptees Connect Inc. in any way, as well as participants in our small groups, are safe in all environments. Screening our volunteers is a critical step because of the vulnerability of those who are seeking to be a part of Adoptees Connect Inc.
- To identify volunteers who may post an unacceptable risk to those they meet while involved with Adoptees Connect Inc. The screening process is a means to assess the potential of an individual volunteer to physically or emotionally harm others or to steal or damage property or to violate Adoptees Connect Inc. in anyway.
Adoptees Connect Inc. does not discriminate in its recruitment, screening, and placement of volunteers. Adoptees Connect Inc. administers all policies, and admissions to all people regardless of face, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, veteran status, socioeconomic status, genetic information, physical characteristics, or disability except where exemption is appropriate and allowed by law.
In order to be considered for a volunteer position for Adoptees Connect Inc. the following screening procedures have been implemented effective 2019:
- New prospective volunteers are to complete the online volunteer application.
- Prospective volunteers will email a photo or scanned copy of a state issued drivers license or an alternative form to verify identity to: email@example.com
- Three references for the prospective volunteers will be contacted.
- An over the phone, Skype, or Facetime interview process will be conducted, unless prospective volunteer is in or around Lexington, KY (where our national headquarters are located) in which case we will meet face to face for an interview.
- New prospective volunteers are to consent to the criminal background check process.
- Upon receipt of the criminal background check process and all other steps being met, we will notify the prospective volunteer of the status of them being allowed to volunteer.
- If the results are unfavorable, the applicant will be advised by a member of our board or directors and be advised accordingly.
Notification of Criminal Charges and Convictions While Volunteering – Please Read Carefully
- While volunteering, if any individual is charged with any violation of the conditions used for possible rejection of volunteer participation, he/she shall notify Adoptees Connect Inc. within two business days listing the alleged charges and a narrative of the circumstances surrounding the charges. If the volunteer is hospitalized or incarcerated, the volunteer shall contact Adoptees Connect Inc. within 2 business days upon release from the medical center or law enforcement detention center. Failure to do so may result in loss of volunteer privileges.
- While volunteering, if an individual is convicted of any violation of the conditions used for possible rejection of volunteer participation, he/she shall notify Adoptees Connect Inc. in writing within two business days and shall provide court documentation detailing the disposition of the charges. Failure to do so shall result in the dismissal of the individual as a volunteer with Adoptees Connect Inc.
Who is a candidate to become a small group facilitator for Adoptees Connect?
- An adult adoptee who has completed the volunteer application process.
- An adoptee who has a genuine desire to make connections with adult adoptees by creating a safe space for them to gather to offer understanding and encouragement as we navigate our journeys together.
- An adoptee who can commit to at least one year of volunteering for a small group facilitator. If something changes where this commitment cannot be met, we ask facilitators agree to give us a 30-day notice.
- An adoptee that can commit to meeting at least twice a month in real life. One two hour small group meeting, and one two hour fun friends & family activity. This is approximately four hours/month of commitment.
- An adoptee who is a good listener and who can communicate well.
- An adoptee who is comfortable addressing the group and encouraging that we adhere to the small group guidelines.
- An adoptee who is well informed and has done a great deal of their own work regarding their own journey. They should be very well read.
- An adoptee that has possibly participated in other adoption/adoptee-related support groups.
- Adhere that it’s not about the facilitator, it’s about the participants when facilitating the group.
- An adoptee who can make a commitment to providing each attendee (pamphlet or folder) a list of recommended resources to assist them along their adoptee journeys as in books, blogs, other support groups, online resources, websites, videos, podcasts, etc. This will be critical in between meeting times.
- An adoptee who is committed to advertising the group and asking for other attendees to assist with volunteer opportunities as the group grows.
- An adoptee who will participate in reading our facilitators manual, read our volunteer emails, provide a monthly volunteer check-in, and any continued support provided for our facilitators by Adoptees Connect Inc.
- An adoptee who’s not only interested in facilitating a small group, but also building relationships with the adoptees who are attendees. We are much more than just a once a month meeting. We’re walking life out together. This is one of the core beliefs of Adoptees Connect Inc.
If you feel you might be a prospective candidate to plant one of our small groups or volunteer for our organization, please fill out our Adoptees Connect Inc. Volunteer Application below.
ATTN: If you have any attachments, resume, references, referrals, etc please email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for completing the Adoptees Connect Volunteer Application.
Please allow 7-10 business days to receive a response.
We will get back to you as soon as we can.