Thank you for considering a volunteer position with Adoptees Connect Inc. We’re excited and honored you are interested in helping us expand our vision of planting more Connect groups for adult adoptees.
Currently we have volunteer opportunities available in the following areas:
- Become an Adoptees Connect Affiliate & Plant A Small Group
- Fundraising Coordinator
- Grant Writing Specialist
- Social Media Marketer
- Volunteer Group Assistant
- Administrative Assistant
- Facilitator Support Specialist
- Add/Start an Affiliate Trans-racial & Transnational Group
- Add/Start an Affiliate LGBTQ Group
- Add/Start an Affiliate Adoptees in Recovery Group
- Add/Start an Adopteens Connect Group (Connection point for adoptees between the ages of 13-18)
In order to be considered for a volunteer position for Adoptees Connect Inc., the following procedures have been implemented effective January 2020:
Who is a candidate to become an affiliate and small group facilitator for Adoptees Connect?
- An adult adoptee who has completed the volunteer application process.
- An adoptee who has a genuine desire to make connections with adult adoptees by creating a safe space for them to gather and offer understanding and encouragement as we navigate our journeys together.
- An adoptee who can commit to at least one year of volunteering as a small group facilitator. If something changes where this commitment cannot be met, we ask that facilitators agree to give us a 30-day notice.
- An adoptee who can meet at least once a month in real life for a small group meeting and consider hosting an occasional friends and family event. This is approximately two to four hours/month of commitment.
- An adoptee who is a good listener and who can communicate well.
- An adoptee who is comfortable addressing the group and encouraging that we adhere to the small group guidelines.
- An adoptee who is well-informed and has done a great deal of personal work regarding their own journey. They should be very well-read.
- An adoptee who has possibly participated in other adoption/adoptee-related support groups.
- When facilitating the group, an understanding that it’s not about the facilitator, it’s about the participants.
- An adoptee who can make a commitment to providing each attendee (via pamphlet or folder) a list of recommended resources to assist them along their adoptee journey. This can be in the form of books, blogs, other support groups, online resources, websites, videos, podcasts, etc. This will be critical in between meeting times.
- An adoptee who is committed to advertising the group and asking for other attendees to assist with volunteer opportunities as the group grows.
- An adoptee who will contribute by reading our facilitators manual, reading our volunteer emails, providing a monthly volunteer check-in, and offering any additional support to other Adoptees Connect facilitators.
- An adoptee who is not only interested in facilitating a small group, but also in building relationships with their attendees. We are much more than just a once a month meeting. We’re walking life out together. This is one of the core beliefs of Adoptees Connect Inc.
If you feel you might be a good prospective candidate to plant one of our small groups and become an Adoptees Connect Affiliate, please read further detailed information about our affiliate model here. Once you have read this information and you wish to proceed please fill out our Adoptees Connect Inc volunteer application below.
If you are interested in any of our other volunteer positions to assist our organization on a national level, please fill out our Adoptees Connect, Inc volunteer application below. We will be in touch in 7-10 business days.
Start An Affiliate – Make Payment Below
Thank you for completing the Adoptees Connect Volunteer Application.
Please allow 7-10 business days to receive a response.
We will get back to you as soon as we can.