- We are here to support one another, not “fix” one another. We are primarily listeners and do not serve as a replacement for therapy.
- Keep our sharing rooted in our own thoughts and feelings based on our own individual experiences.
- Limit sharing to 3-5 minutes.
- Confidentiality is a basic requirement. What’s shared in the small group, stays in the small group. The only exception to this rule is if someone poses a threat to themselves or others..
- If you happen to wear two hats in the adoption equation, (adoptive parent, birth parent AND/OR an adoptee), we ask that you only wear your adoptee “hat” while sharing in the group.
- There is NO crosstalk. Crosstalk is when two or more individuals engage in conversation that excludes all others. Each person is entitled to express his/her feelings without interruption.
- Please be courteous while someone is sharing by refraining from cell phone use unless in the case of an emergency.
- Adoptees Connect respects all attendees’ spiritual beliefs but please respect that not everyone shares the same beliefs. All are welcome here.
- Please refrain from soliciting outside products and agendas within the group.
Help Support the Growth of our Growing Network!
Adoptees Connect Inc. is an IRS approved 501(c)(3) public charity. Donations to Adoptees Connect are tax deductible as allowed by law. Please consult your tax advisor regarding deductibility. EIN: 83-1862971. Thank you for your generosity in helping our vision move forward.