Make a Generous Impact on the Future of Our Community
Partnering with Adoptees Connect, Inc. is breaking cycles of adoptee isolation and aloneness and offering in person communities to the adult adoptee population that’s otherwise been unavailable. We’re not merely asking you to donate to a charity. We’re asking you to invest in the adoptee community.
We are growing at a very fast rate, and have had a lot of volunteer interest in facilitating groups. In order to keep up with our quick expansion, we also are in need of volunteers behind the scenes to keep things running smoothly and support our small group facilitators and our growing community. We are currently a 100% volunteer run organization so your volunteerism is essential to continuing to provide our services and expand.
Currently we have volunteer opportunities available in the following areas:
- Fundraising – We are looking for people with experience in fundraising.
- Social Media – We are looking for people with experience in using Social Media platforms, specifically Facebook and Instagram.
- Creative Team – Collaborate with founder & leadership team to come up with creative ideas to move mission forward.
- Writer/Editor/Publisher – Assist Adoptees in writing and sharing their stories on our website.
- Grant Writing – Assist with finding and writing grants that could assist our organization.
- Adoptees Connect Advocate– Inform adoptees and others about Adoptees Connect so that we can expand our reach. Become educated on Adoptees Connect and be able to answer questions to further spread awareness of what the organization is doing.
- Administrative Tasks – We are looking for people who can help with interviewing, checking references, instituting improvements and additions.
- Community Outreach – Publicize Adoptees Connect on a National level. Reach out to Adoptees in communities that don’t already have Adoptees Connect to spread awareness, in addition to continuing to spread awareness and teach facilitators to spread awareness in communities that already have Adoptees Connect small groups.
Give a one time gift or become a monthly partner. Choose a suggested amount below or your own custom gift:
- $10 – Ships an adoptee-centric book from our Adoptees Connect Book Initiative to a member/group of the Adoptees Connect community.
- $25 – Buys a welcome kit for new volunteers/facilitators.
- $35- Provides a scholarship for the yearly membership fee for a facilitator to start their own group.
- $100- Supports an Adoptees Connect small group for one entire year, allowing Adoptees Connect to provide facilitator manuals, resources, logos, mentorship, publicizing on our website and direct access to immediate support when questions or concerns arise.
- $500- Allows us to pay for promotional items, administrative tasks, background checks for all our volunteers, miscellaneous expenses. Examples: Monthly phone, P.O.Box, website fees, etc.
- $1,000- Allows us to upgrade our website, continue to expand our Adoptees Connect & Adoptees in Recovery groups, expanding our groups internationally in 2020 and work on software development for an Adoptees Connect app we will be launching. This will also help us continue the planning of Adopteens Connect which we hope to launch in 2020.
- To Use the Kroger Community Rewards Program: Simply encourage your participants to visit www.kroger.com Once logged into their Kroger account they can search for Adoptees Connect Inc. either by name or YA394 and then click Enroll. New users will need to create an account which requires some basic information, a valid email address and a rewards card.
- Sign up for AmazonSmile: What is AmazonSmile? Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of eligible smile.amazon.com purchases to the charities selected by customers.(smile.amazon.com) they’ll ask you to select one of over a million charities to support. When you click the unique link below you will skip this charity selection process and find us directly. It takes you to smile.amazon.com and you are automatically asked if you want to support Adoptees Connect. You have to shop through AmazonSmile (not Amazon) for the eligibility to take place. Our unique charity link: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/83-1862971
At Adoptees Connect we believe one of the main sources of validating the adoptee experience is by reading adoptee centric stories, books, poems and memoirs. Not all Adoptees are fortunate enough to be able to obtain these resources and materials due to a variety of factors. Facts, Local libraries usually have a very limited selection of adoptee centric reading literature! We’ve launched our Adoptees Connect Book Initiative as a way for individials to be able to mail donated adoptee-centric books to our groups throughout the nation so they can start lending libraries in our connect groups. Please consider donating your old adoptee related books, memoirs, stories, poetry books to our Adoptees Connect Book Initiative. Maybe you are an adoptee author, or an adoptee who’s got a few adoptee books you are ready to part with? Maybe you aren’t an adoptee at all, but you’ve collected some adoptee centric books to learn more about the adoptee experience? Don’t let those books collect dust for another day and consider generously donating them to a wonderful cause designed specifically for Adoptees. To learn more click here.
We’re set up to receive birthday fundraisers via our Facebook platform and we would be HONORED if you would consider Adoptees Connect, Inc. to receive a donation on behalf of your birthday. It takes a village to organize and pull this thing off, so we’re extremely grateful for every donation received! Click here to visit our Facebook Fundraiser page, and set yours up today! We thank you in advance!
Adoptee Merch is a unique blend of Adoptee Merchandise you won’t find anywhere else. We have something for everyone. All ages, All genders. Adoptee Merch was founded as a reflection of raising Adoptee Voices through branded merchandise. Nothing about adoption is normal, but normalizing the conversations of adoption can bring awareness and healing in many ways. 100% of the proceeds from Adoptee Merch. is donated to Adoptees Connect, Inc.
In addition to online giving checks can be mailed to:
Adoptees Connect, Inc.
P.O. Box 24404
Lexington, KY 40524-4404
Help Support the Growth of our Growing Network!
Adoptees Connect Inc. is an IRS approved 501(c)(3) public charity. Donations to Adoptees Connect are tax deductible as allowed by law. Please consult your tax advisor regarding deductibility. EIN: 83-1862971. Thank you for your generosity in helping our vision move forward.