National Adoption Awareness Month 2019 is officially here, and we’re honored to share some exciting news with our supporters!
In recognition of the beginning of National Adoption Awareness Month (NAAM), our new writer/editor/publisher Lee Rolandi is announcing the launch of AC’s newest series- “Adoptees Connect: In Our Own Words”.
In her own words, Lee shares “My goal through this series is to amplify individual adoptee stories for those who need them most- other adoptees. Through the power of words and stories, we hope that this series will bring you both connection & comfort. We also hope this series will serve to both highlight some of our member’s unique journeys as well as encourage others to share their very own”.
We’re so excited to highlight adoptee voices for National Adoption Awareness Month and beyond. Check back frequently for new stories from our fellow adoptees and maybe one day you will be inspired to share your story.
In order to keep our mission and vision growing, we’re launching our very first custom made, limited edition sticker extravaganza as a fundraiser for Adoptees Connect, Inc. These adoptee – centric stickers are made from durable vinyl that protects your stickers from scratches, water or sunlight! You can use these on your laptops, phones, cars, mirrors, personal items, or anywhere else you would like to share them.
Don’t forget the holidays are coming up and these would be a perfect stocking stuffer or gift idea! The best part is, 100% of the proceeds is donated to Adoptees Connect, Inc.
While Supplies Last: 10 Limited Edition Stickers for $25 a set! That’s $2.50 per sticker which is comparable to other sticker prices around! Visit this link that goes directly to purchase: Limited Edition Sticker Extravaganza
Online communities, groups and pages have been a focus for many years now, but one of our main goals is to put an emphasis on making connections in real life. To launch NAAM19 we’ve decided to focus on creating connections in our community of Lexington, KY which is the city where it all began back in 2017. We’re hitting the streets for many events and groups this month, and we’re honored and excited to share them with you as we move through the month of November. We feel there is so much more to life than what we find and experience online via the internet. Real life is where it’s at!
- November 1, 2019 our Adoptees Connect – Lexington, KY group is hosting a pop-up celebration at a local night market so we can share our vision and mission with our community! What better way to ring in NAAM than to share the good news IN PERSON about how Adoptees Connect is changing lives!
- November 6, 2019 our Adoptees Connect – Lexington, KY group is hosting our Adoptees in Recovery meeting at Voices of Hope, Lexington. We meet the 1st Wednesday of every month, rain or shine. This is a space for all adult adoptees who are in recovery. We’re planting seeds of hope!
- November 9, 2019 our Adoptees Connect – Lexington, KY group is hosting our monthly small group meeting which is a writing | art | poetry slam. This group meets the 2nd Saturday of every month, rain or shine!
- November 16, 2019 our Adoptees Connect – Lexington, KY group is working on finalizing a fundraiser at Blaze Pizza.
- November 22, 2019 our Adoptees Connect – Lexington, KY group is hosting a friends & family event and we will be going to Galaxy Bowling Alley in Richmond, KY.
As you can see our November and participation in NAAM19 is packed with an adoptee-centric focus, real life connections, and a whole lot of fun! We feel National Adoption Awareness Month should be the focused on adoptees, at all ages. Our goal is to continue to focus on adoptee voices and encourage our fellow adoptees to continue to rise and share their voices, whatever that looks like to them!
We see you!
We support you!
We love you!